Hivos Southern Africa Hub aims towards an open and green society, inspired by humanist values such as freedom, dignity, responsibility and curiosity. Their objective is that every person can live in freedom and dignity on a planet that is sustainable.
With a mission to grow and develop their community of innovators, Hivos is looking for a Community Manager for African Crossroads based out of our Harare office. This is a role focusing on community building and engagement, with a dash of marketing.
African Crossroads is a community of 400 future-oriented African thinkers and doers which meets annually to exchange and critically reflect on the most cutting-edge entrepreneurial, scientific, artistic, and technological developments anchored in African intellectual and technological traditions.
Can you build a community? Do you want to be part of a truly pan-African network? Join us and help build African Crossroads network of future-thinking professionals!
African Cross Roads Community Manager
Aim of the Job
The dynamic role of the Community Manager involves close cross-functional collaborations with our content teams in various offices globally, as well as our communication team in Harare. At the same time, you will also grow the network in Africa. If you are a self-driven, people-oriented person who thrives on working independently, as well as within a small local team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helping designing relevant online community tools (developing a comprehensive repository of community members and database of activities)
- Maintaining the day-to-day operations and management of the community database and administration
- Growing the brand awareness of African Crossroads on the African continent
- Developing community strategies and programs to cultivate the network and keep current members engaged
- Promoting Hivos programs within the community and coordinating their participation to defined training sessions
- Developing incentives to attract and retain new members into African Crossroads community
- Integrating new members into African Crossroads community
- Supporting pan-African research of individuals, organisations and custom projects by supplying insights and practices from the members’ community
- Legally able to live and work in Zimbabwe, as well as travel throughout Africa
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in online community management is a bonus
- Fantastic attention to details and great with operations and processes
- Great communication and relationship-building skills
- Passionate about African knowledge, creation and innovation
- Comfortable working in a small team in a flexible environment
- Able to work on your own initiative, resourceful and quick to adapt to changes
- Fluent in English with French, Shona or Swahili language skills a definite bonus
Hivos offers a challenging position in an international environment.
The Regional office is based in Harare, Zimbabwe. This position will be based in Zambia. Hivos welcomes International & Regional applicants but can only offer a position to only those with a valid work permit for Zambia. Hivos can only offer employment on local terms and conditions.
For more information on Hivos visit www.hivos.org
If you meet the above-mentioned qualifications (please look carefully) and send :
- Cover letter and CV
- A write-up of the three most important things that make a great community. You can draw from your own experience of being in a community or running one (300 words maximum).
- A write-up of 3 great innovations and creative initiatives that you have spotted on the African continent lately. Tell us what each initiative is about and why you think it’s interesting (100 words maximum per initiative)
Hivos e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (With Africa Crossroads Community Manager in the subject line)
Deadline: 17 June 2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.